Wednesday 8 January 2014

Running Week 1 Run 2

This morning, I went on my second run in the Couch to 5K programme. I started the morning with chia seed porridge and a cup of rooibos tea in the hope the oats would give me more energy. I don't know if that worked, I'll have to wait and see if I'm flagging by midday.

On to the run, I started with the normal 5 minute warm up walk but decided instead of running around the park to run around the local Nature Reserve. The Nature Reserve was flooded in places so my planned route had to be changed slightly.  I found the runs slightly harder this time with me feeling like I was beginning to get a stitch during the 3rd 60 second run, although the stitch never arrived.

Gate to a flooded field
I got my pace wrong in the first few runs so felt like I wouldn't recover in the walks, I did. At times I felt I should stop and catch my breath, I'm glad I didn't as I got through and still enjoyed the run. I don't know if the lack of rain made running harder as there was nothing cooling me when I was running. (I never thought I'd saw something positive about being out in rain) A goal for me I suppose is to work on my pace so I can keep the run going.

Statistics
Distance: 1.5miles
Pace: 12:37 min/mile

I ran slightly further today which is nice although I would have been happy with the same distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment